Sunday, March 2, 2008

It's been about a year.

It's been about a year since I posted anything. Not that you noticed.

A lot can happen in a year. Your wife can leave you. Your friend can get cancer. You can believe that nothing is left to believe in.

That's what happened. Not that I want anyone to feel sorry for me. Certainly not. In fact, I'm not sure that I feel sorry for myself. I don't think I do. Rather, I believe I'm rather cold to the whole thing.

And while some my consider my plight rather intolerable; let us look at other people's lot.

Darfur: No one has systematically raped me nor lopped off my hands.

Iraq: I'm alive. I have the ability to write anything I want on this blog, yet I only do so when I get round to it.

China: Again, I can write or look at what I like without fear of being re-educated or executed.

Russia: While I can make jokes about the mismanagement or corruption of my government, I don't truly fear them. I have the ability to redress my greivences.

Afghanistan: I can enjoy my freedoms without fear of the next potential power. As much as I might dislike Obama, Clinton, or McCain - I do not have to fear retribution.

France: I'm not French. Enough said.

Yeah, I pay too much for gas, my dog is going to die, and my wife took me for everything I own. Sounds bad? In consideration of all it could be a lot worse. In fact, God be praised. All is well in my soul.

No comments: